Prior to gaining access to the aircraft pilots will need to sign the hire agreement at http://ozaeros.net.au/?page_id=7
With rapidly increasing fuel prices due to the war in Europe the hire rate for VH-UPG has been increased to $374 per hour (engine hourmeter) from 11 April 2022 based on an Avgas price of $2.778 per litre at BP Moorabbin.
From 19/3/22 it was $368 per hour based on an Avgas price of $2.62 per litre. For info, the baseline rate for VH-UPG was $360 per hour (engine hourmeter) from 1 January 2022 when the fuel price was $2.41 per litre. The rate may be changed without notice in future – check back here.
Instruction rates for David are unchanged at:
- Ground theory, CASA endorsement documentation: $50 per hour
- Flight Instruction in Super Decathlon VH-UPG: equivalent to $100 per hour (from engine start to engine stop) although invoiced at $50 per hour for typical training flights from Moorabbin representing “time on the job”.
- Flight instruction in other aircraft: $135 per hour (from engine start to engine stop)
- Supervision of solo flights: 3000 ft AGL and 1500 ft AGL: $50 per hour
- Supervision of solo flights – 1000 ft AGL and 500 ft AGL: $50 per hour (plus travel if applicable)
To be consistent with the ATO’s definition of “gainfully employed” with particular reference to the “over-65s work test” the flight instruction rates represent “time on the job” rather than per hour of engine running time. A typical one hour of flight instruction in UPG involves the usual pre-flight briefing, post-flight debriefing, preparation of aircraft for flight etc.
For my limited flight examiner services the rate is $75+GST however there are fixed test fees for spin and aerobatic training endorsements for flight instructors:
- single test: $375+GST
- combined spin and aerobatic test: $450+GST
- Rates include GST (except where noted above) and apply to Moorabbin operations only. Contact David for rates at other locations – car travel at 66 c/km will apply to other airfields in the Melbourne area.
- Fuel is normally obtained from BP on UPG’s Carnet Card. Any fuel purchased by a pilot is reimbursed at the rate per litre of UPG’s Carnet Card account.
- Per normal practice, cancellation fees may be charged if the cancellation of a booking is not advised within 24 hours of the scheduled time other than due to operational reasons (e.g. pilot in command’s – instructor if dual, decision wrt weather etc) and other uncontrollable circumstances. Cancellation fee is 50% of the expected duration.
- Interest on overdue accounts at 12% p.a. applied monthly, cumulative.