Prior to gaining access to the aircraft pilots will need to sign the hire agreement at http://ozaeros.net.au/?page_id=7
As from 1 March 2018 the private hire rate is $330 per hour (engine hourmeter). A 5% discount applies to accounts maintained in credit which reduces the rate to $313.50 per hour. Rates include GST.
Instruction rates for David (unchanged from 1/7/15 however theory, solo supervision and instruction in other aircraft reduced by 10% on 1/6/18) are:
- Ground theory, CASA endorsement documentation: $50 per hour
- Flight Instruction in Super Decathlon VH-UPG: $100 per hour (from engine start to engine stop)
- Flight instruction in other aircraft: $135 per hour (from engine start to engine stop)
- Supervision of solo flights: 3000 ft AGL and 1500 ft AGL: $50 per hour
- Supervision of solo flights – 1000 ft AGL and 500 ft AGL: $100 per hour (plus travel if applicable)
To be consistent with the ATO’s definition of “gainfully employed” with particular reference to the “over-65s work test” the flight instruction rates are being moved to “time on the job” rather than per hour of engine running time. This page will be updated with the full schedule of rates as they are developed. Note that prices will not be increased and some pilots will see a reduction. e.g. a typical one hour of flight instruction in UPG will be invoiced as two hours at $50 per hour – the two hours matches the time booked and includes the usual pre-flight briefing, post-flight debriefing, preparation of aircraft for flight etc.
Hourly rate for test services is $75+GST with fixed test fees for spin and aerobatic training endorsements:
- single test: $375+GST
- combined spin and aerobatic test: $450+GST
- Rates include GST and apply to Moorabbin operations only. Contact David for rates at other locations – car travel at 66 c/km will apply to other airfields in the Melbourne area.
- Per normal practice, cancellation fees may be charged if the cancellation of a booking is not advised within 24 hours of the scheduled time other than due to operational (David’s decision wrt weather etc) and other uncontrollable circumstances. Cancellation fee is 50% of the expected duration.